Welcome to the Veterans Page of
the website of the New Jersey Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
This page is divided into three sections:
“Information for Veterans”
“Information for Hospices” and
“Information on the Hospice Veteran Partnership of New Jersey”
NJHPCO acknowledges the leadership and expertise of the
Hospice Veteran Partnership of New Jersey in creating this page.
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS
VA Contact Information
VISN 3 (Northern New Jersey- Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties and north)
VA Medical Center Lyons
151 Knollcroft Road, Lyons, NJ 07939
East Orange Campus
385 Tremont Avenue, East Orange, NJ 07018
VISN 4 (Southern New Jersey- Burlington County and south)
VA Medical Center, Philadelphia
3900 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-823-5800, request pager 271
VA Medical Center Wilmington
1601 Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, DE 19805
-- A starting-point for veterans seeking information on end-of-life care
County-Based Information -- Please click on your county, below to secure information on:
- Veteran Service Offices (VSOs)
- Homeless Shelters and Related Information
- VA Medical Centers
- Community Based Outpatient Clinics
- Vet Centers
- Please note – not all types of facilities are in all counties.
- To find which county you are in, click here
- This information compiled by the Hospice Veteran Partnership of New Jersey
INFORMATION FOR HOSPICES
Military History Checklist Guide
– A guide to be used with the checklist to help hospices identify their veteran patients, evaluate the impact of the military experience and determine any benefits to which the veteran and surviving dependents may be entitled.
Veteran Pinning Ceremony
– A guide to providing added meaning to the Pinning Ceremony through which the Hospice Veteran Partnership of New Jersey, the VA and/or a community hospice publicly acknowledges the veteran’s service.
– This document explains how the VA purchases hospice services: Purpose, Terms of Agreement and Pricing, Pricing/Rate Determination, Definitions, Responsibilities of the Hospice, VA Procedures, Service areas, Designation of Liaisons, Quality Improvement, Invoices.
VHA Hospice Care Provider Agreement
– The prototype agreement specifying hospice responsibilities for accepting a patient from the VA: Criteria, Rate Structure and Reimbursement, Referrals, Level of Care Changes, Death of VA Beneficiary, Termination of Services, Dispute Resolution.
DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) Information:
INFORMATION ON HOSPICE VETERAN PARTNERSHIP OF NEW JERSEY